2 Straw placemats
1 Wide straw woven ribbon
1 Leather belt
Thick sewing needle
Leather hole puncher
1. Cut the wide ribbon to wrap around the outside of the placemat, but leave a gap for the top opening
2. On the raw edges of the ribbon, use a zigzag stitch to seal the ends and then fold and add a straight stitch to hem
3. Clip the ribbon to one placemat along the edge and sew with a straight stitch around
4. Clip the ribbon to the other placemat along the edge and sew with a straight stitch around
5. Place the leather belt on its smallest hole and cut into two equal pieces (should not be shorter than 46 cm each)
6. Mark and punch four holes in a square shape on each end of the leather belt
7. Clip the belt to the bag along the top
8. Thread a thick sewing needle with twine and sew an "X" through the four holes of each belt end
LOOKING FOR PLACEMATS?
Click any of the options below!